Welcome to our first episode of “Beyond the black letter law”, a platform where we demystify legal concepts for you.
Our aim is to endeavour to consistently produce quality legal content and provide a space for experts to share their insights and knowledge.
This episode is the first of a mini-series around the theme of “Succession & Estate Planning”. Our guest is Me Amrit Dassyne, notary, who specialises in advising clients on estate planning and asset management.
In this insightful conversation we learn about :
– What constitutes a person’s estate;
– What is domicile for succession law purposes;
– What is forced heirship;
– Rights of the surviving spouse;
– Can a will circumvent forced heirship;
– What is the procedure when someone passes away;
– Can parents donate assets to their children during their lifetime,
to name but a few!
Enjoy and please don’t forget to subscribe below!